Can you get bridging finance for a heavy refurbishment?

Yes you can. Typically heavy refurbishment covers structural or work that requires planning permission e.g. extensions and loft conversions. It can include commercial to residential conversions or a conversion into an HMO.

Experience is preferred of one similar project of size and cost over the last five years but if it’s your first time, there are still lenders for you.

Searchlight Finance Limited is registered in England and Wales No.07929050 Searchlight Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register (http://www.fca.org.uk/register) under reference 743220. The FCA do not regulate Business Buy to Let Mortgages or most Commercial Mortgages and Bridging Finance. ICO Number Z3109319. Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any debt secured on it.