Multi Unit Freehold Block (MUFB)
A MUFB (Multi Unit Freehold Block) is a property subdivided into multiple units without the creation of separate leases.
These products are aimed at professional landlords and landlords who are renting out each flat separately.
Comparing MUFB Mortgages
- Income – lenders range from no minimum to £30,000
- Landlord Experience – the more you have the more lenders are available
- Fewer products for property owners who are first time landlords
- Type of tenants – restrictions on DSS, Asylum Seekers, Local Authority etc but we still have lenders that consider them
- Number of flats. Most lenders will go up to 6 or 8 but we have lenders that do more
- Is each unit greater than 30sqm
- Do they have their own utilities or are they shared
- Can each unit be sold separately
- Does each one have a separate EPC of E or better
- Does it have the correct planning for change of use
- When was the conversion done
- Does it comply with building regulations
- Do you need a Bricks and Mortar valuation or based on the rent
- Interest only loans – how will it be repaid
- Reverting interest rate – what you will pay after the initial period expires
At Searchlight we deal with MUFB investors who own or want to achieve multiple properties.
We particularly like Limited Company BTL and specialise in mortgages over £150,000.
To see how we can help you contact us 01565 654005, book a call or use our enquiry form.